Closing the school is always a very last resort and such a decision would only be taken if there was a risk to the children's health and safety.
If the school is forced to close for any reason, we will:
- Contact local radio stations to broadcast up to date information. We will use Radio City, Radio Merseyside, Century FM and Smooth FM.
- Update the school website regularly.
- Text all parents who have up to date contact information.
- Send messages via Twitter.
- Telephone as many families as possible and ask for messages to be spread by word of mouth.
This procedure will also be carried out if we had to close during the school day.