End of Year 6 Awards
As children come to the end of their time Norwood Primary School, a number of children are acknowledged for their contribution and achievements at the Leavers Service held on the day of the Summer term in July at Leyland Road Methodist Church.
These awards are named in recognition of people closely linked with Norwood Primary School over the years and are awarded to children who have been nominated and chosen by the staff.
- The Fearn Award for Consistently Demonstrating Norwood Values - in recognition of Lord Fearn ex- Norwood pupil and Governor of the school for 40 years.
- The Ashcroft Award for Excellence and Enthusiasm in Mathematics - in recognition of Sue Ashcroft, our former KS1 and Maths teacher, who also introduced Forest Schools to Norwood.
- The Milne Trophy for Outstanding Involvement in the Life of the School - in recognition of Ken Milne, former Head Teacher, who led the school onto this site over 30 years ago and whose philosophy about educating "the whole child" , Norwood still embodies today.
- The Prince Cup for Excellence and Enthusiasm in English - in recognition of Diane Prince, former Head Teacher, whose love of English inspired many children
- The Lawson Trophy for being an Excellent Role Model - in recognition of Lesley Lawson, our former infant teacher and major supporter of PSHE and especially Safe and Happy in Norwood Everyday (SHINE)
- The Baron Trophy for showing enthusiasm in Reading - Mrs. Baron was a long serving teacher at Norwood whose love of reading and her ability to inspire children in the world of books was outstanding.
- Boys Sports Award - to recognise a boy who has participated in a wide range of school sports at whichever level.
- Girls Sports Award - to recognise a girl who has participated in a wide range of school sports at whichever level.
- Progress Awards for Maths and English - to acknowledge the children who have made outstanding progress from their starting point in Year 6 or from KS1.