Year 6 2022 - 2023
Welcome to Year 6
We have an exciting year ahead, crammed full of hard work and fun! Forest Schools and some High School taster days are just some of the highlights we have planned for the Autumn term. A fieldwork study of Southport's coasts along with reading the fantastic Robinson Crusoe are in store for the Spring term, swiftly followed by the much anticipated Year 6 residential trip to Conwy in July. What a fantastic year!
Staff in Year 6
Miss Sinclair: email@example.com
Mr Dempster: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Griffin email@example.com
Please do not hesitate to contact us and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Year 6 currently has P.E. on a Thursday (outdoor) and Friday (dance/gymnastics). Your child should come into school in correct kit on those days. We also complete Golden Mile on a Tuesday afternoon, there is no need for your child to come into school in P.E. kit on that day. However, they may wish to bring trainers to change in to for running the track.
Inside your child's homework folder there should be:
- A spelling booklet, which includes weekly homework and practice.
- Fast Learning Geography .
- Login details to get on to Eedi.com to access the Maths homework.
Homework is given out on a Thursday, and is expected back in on a Tuesday. It is important that homework is completed and in school on time, as we go through the Maths homework and Geography on a Thursday Afternoon. If your child is unable to complete the homework, they will be able to finish it during their lunch hour in school. If it would help them, please ask about Homework club (which takes place after school on a Thursday).
- Spellings - as well as the spelling booklet that is sent home, children will be revising a spelling rule each week. If you would like to know what rule your child is working on, please send your class teacher a message on Class Dojo.
- TTRS - whilst we do not set homework on Times Table RockStars, it is still a fantastic resource that your children have access to. Their login details can be found on the information sheet in their Homework Folder, but please ask if you need another copy of them.
- Oxford Reading Buddies - Your child has login details for the online reading platform in their homework folder. The class code is 22na2.
Mission Impossible (Easter Story) trip to Scarisbrick New Road Church - March 27th or March 28th 2023 (two separate groups)
Geography trip around Southport to explore tourism and coastal defences - TBC summer 2023 (likely in June)
Conwy -June 9th to June 12th 2023
Year 6 children have the opportunity to apply to be a Reading Ambassador, a member of the Eco Team, a School Captain and a Structured Play Leader (where they will organise and deliver games to children in other year groups).
There will also be many opportunities to represent the school in various different sports, including football and netball teams (run throughout the year), basketball, cricket, quad kids, rugby, table tennis and much more!