School Uniform Policy – September 2022
In readiness for September’s new school year and before the Summer holiday arrives, we would like to inform you about the school’s updated uniform policy. This only relates to children in Year 1 to Year 6.
We have recently consulted with parents and reviewed the new law about making school uniforms more affordable. We also feel that to support parents and to encourage children to be active during playtimes, lunchtimes and doing the Golden Mile, the rules about the wearing of school shoes will be relaxed to allow sensible plain black or predominately black trainers BUT this will be parental choice.
The school’s uniform is:
- Navy sweatshirt, sweater or cardigan with school logo OR without logo on ( generic and unbranded)
- Plain white polo shirt
- Grey shorts, trousers, skirt or pinafore
- White or grey socks
- Footwear – Plain black or predominately black, sensible trainers (no fashion or thick soled trainers) OR black sensible shoes (minimal size heel)
This can be worn all year round, but in summer: a blue and whte gingham dress, culottes or jumpsuit can be worn, but this is optional.
The school’s PE kit is:
- Plain navy sweatshirt/hoodie (generic and unbranded)
- Plain white round collared T-shirt
- Plain navy blue shorts, leggings or jogging pants
- Footwear – Plain black or predominately black, sensible trainers (no fashion or thick soled trainers) Plain black pumps will still be needed to be sent in for Gymnastics and Dance.
PE kit and Forest School kit will still be worn on those days that children have these activities.
From September, the expectations of children to wear this will become very high and parents are expected to make sure their children are wearing the correct uniform.
Items with school logo can be bought from Whiitakers on Hoghton Street or Zips and Zips on Eastbank Street.
Generic unbranded navy sweatshirts and hoodies/jogging pants are available from most supermarkets/clothing providers.
Pre - Loved Uniform online shop is open all year round
We collect pre-loved uniform throughout the school year and will accept donations at any times.
If you need specific items of school uniform, including PE kit, you can request them at:
email@example.com (just add your child’s name and class).