Transition between year groups
Entering a new situation (e.g. a new school, classroom and a new teacher) can be a stressful time, and some points of transition e.g. EYFS to KS1 and KS1/2 can be more difficult, so the school endeavours to arrange a number of measures to ensure this is as smooth as possible.
We aim to:
- Promote the effective transition of children at the start of each new setting and at each point
- Prevent and alleviate stress in children
- Promote the continuity of teaching and learning
- Provide appropriate advice and guidance
- Address issues of planning and assessment as well as whole class organisation and teaching styles
Our main transition day this year takes place on Thursday 30th June where all children will visit their new classroom and meet their new teacher for the whole day.
From this point on a number of different opportunities are then arranged over the final few weeks for the new classes and their new teachers to get to know each other more.