We try very hard to keep open channels of communication between home and school. These are achieved in the following ways:
- Every morning at least one member of the Safeguarding team is on the playground to deal with any questions or concerns. This will be either Mr. Dumbell, Mrs. Bennet or Mrs. Taylor (Pastoral Leader).
- Class teachers of children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are on the doors at the start and end of every school day.
- Class teachers of children in Year 3, Year 4, Year 5 and Year 6 are always available at the end of the school day.
- All staff have personal work email addresses and can be contacted directly through these. They will try to reply by the end of the school working day wherever possible.
School Spider app - is our main messaging service. Once you have installed the app select “Norwood Primary School” from the drop down menu and you will be able to receive direct messages.
- Weekly school newsletter - Every Friday a newsletter is produced, available in hard copy from two boxes on the school premises and also on the school website. The onus is on parents to check the newsletter for key dates and information.
- Forthcoming Events - every term you will receive a list of forthcoming key dates for this term. Further reminders will be added half termly in the school newsletter.
- Parents Workshops - these are opportunities for parents to learn how we teach certain things such as Number and Reading or to learn how they can support their child staying safe online.
- Friends of Norwood - meetings are held regularly for fund raising activities and there is also a FON facebook page to keep parents up-to-date. All friends of Norwood are welcome to attend meetings or contribute.
- Parent Governors - These Governors are elected by Parents of the school. They are your voice on the Governing body and can be contacted through the the school office.
- Parental survey - this is an annual survey to gauge parental views, ideas and suggestions about the working and direction of Norwood.